Austria - Vienna (PDF Chapter)
This is the Vienna chapter from Lonely Planet’s Austria guidebook.
With its baroque streetscapes, rambling imperial palaces, winding cobbled lanes, extraordinary art-filled museums, grand coffee houses and cosy wood-panelled Beisln (bistro pubs), the Austrian capital is steeped in history. Yet it’s also at the cutting edge of design and contemporary art.
- savour the bombastic pomp of Schloss Schönbrunn and the views from its gardens
- plunge into the artistic vortex of the Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna, a whirl of Habsburg treasures from Egyptian tombs to priceless paintings
- draw breath as you ramble through Schloss Belvedere’s lavishly frescoed apartments, sculpture-strewn gardens and a gallery home to Klimt’s masterworks
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Neighbourhoods at a Glance.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.