Austria - Upper Austria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Upper Austria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Austria guidebook.
Unfolding across the undulating countryside, this under-the-radar region has a taste of all that is great about Austria. For starters, there’s the mighty Danube and a rich musical heritage, old-world coffee houses and castle-topped medieval towns, and resplendent Augustinian abbeys and spas.
- play with pixels and converse with robots at Ars Electronica Center, Linz’ tech and digital media centre
- fall for the storybook lanes and fast-flowing rivers of Steyr
- walk (and sleep) high above the treetops at Baumkronenweg in Kopfing
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Linz & Around, St Florian, The Traunviertel, Steyr, Bad Hall, Nationalpark Kalkalpen, Wels, Kremsmünster, The Mühlviertel, Freistadt, The Innviertel, Schärding, Geinberg.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation