*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.Our warehouse is closed March 28-30th too, in case you were wondering.
Austria - Understand Austria and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history: civilisations and empires, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the masters of architecture and their masterpieces, from sugary baroque to upbeat contemporary design
- info on visual arts and music: colourful frescoes, Klimt and the expressionists that vie for attention with Mozart, Haydn, Falco, Naked Lunch and others in music
- full coverage of Austria’s coffee houses, the living rooms of the nation, where life in all its known and notorious forms is played out
- details on the Austrian Alps; Austrians hike, climb, ski and cycle them, or they cruise them in cable cars for magnificent views
Coverage includes: Austria Today: Tables Turn on Immigration, Presidential Election: A Nation Divided, Right vs Left, Silver Linings and Oh Vienna!, History: Civilisations & Empires, Early Habsburg Monarchy, Napoleon, Revolution & Empire, Fine-de-Siècle Austria, Jewish History in Austria, Anschluss & WWII and Austria after 1945, Architecture: Baroque Rocks, Back to the Future – - Neoclassicism & Revivalism, Secession & Art Nouveau and Contemporary Icons, Visual Arts & Music: Visual Arts and Music, Kaffeehäuser – Austria’s Living Rooms: Magic Beans and Literary Coffee Houses, The Austrian Alps: Alpine Landscapes, Wildlife in the Austrian Alps, National Parks in the Austrian Alps and Austria’s Alpine Environment, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.