*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Austria - The Salzkammergut (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Salzkammergut chapter from Lonely Planet’s Austria guidebook.
The Salzkammergut is a spectacular region of alpine and subalpine lakes, picturesque valleys, rolling hills and rugged, steep mountain ranges rising to almost 3000m. You’ll always find isolated areas with peaceful, glassy waters for boating, swimming.
- reel from views from the 5fingers Viewing Platform, high up in the Dachstein Mountains
- hike Hallstätter See, lakes-edge from Obertraun to Hallstatt and cool off in the crystal waters between trails
- discover Wolfgangsee’s remarkable pilgrimage church, St Wolfgang, filled with priceless works of art
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bad Ischl, Southern Salzkammergut, Hallstätter See, Bad Aussee, Northern Salzkammergut, Traunsee, Attersee, Wolfgangsee and Mondsee.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.