Austria - Salzburg & Salzburgerland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Salzburg & Salzburgerland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Austria guidebook.
One of Austria’s smallest provinces, Salzburgerland is proof that size really doesn’t matter. This is the land of crisp apple strudel, dancing marionettes and high-on-a-hilltop castles. This is the Austria of your wildest childhood dreams.
- survey Salzburg from Festung Hohensalzburg’s clifftop fortress
- go subzero in the world’s largest ice cave, Eisriesenwelt, in Werfen
- get drenched by trick fountains at Schloss Hellbrunn
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Salzburg & Around, Hallein & Around, Werfen, Southern Salzburg Province, Filzmoos, Radstadt, Hohe Tauern National Park, Zell am See, Bad Gastein, Grossglockner Road, Heiligenblut, Krimml.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation