Austria - Salzburg & Salzburgerland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Salzburg & Salzburgerland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Austria guidebook.
Salzburg is every bit as grand as you imagine it: a baroque masterpiece, a classical music legend and Austria’s spiritual heartland. But it is just the prelude to the region’s sensational natural beauty.
- survey Salzburg from atop its clifftop fortress, Festung Hohensalzburg
- go subzero in Eisriesenwelt, the world’s largest ice cave in Werfen
- get drenched by fountains at the opulent Schloss Hellbrunn palace
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Salzburg & Around, Hellbrunn, Hallein & Around, Werfen, Southern Salzburg Province, Filzmoos, Radstadt, Mauterndorf, Hohe Tauern National Park, Zell am See, Bad Gastein, Grossglockner Road, Heiligenblut and Krimml.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.