Austria - Lower Austria & Burgenland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lower Austria & Burgenland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Austria guidebook.
Surrounding Vienna on all sides, Lower Austria is a cradle of Austrian civilisation and a region offering visitors one of the country’s most lively cultural landscapes, outdoor activities, some great museums, wine, food and Roman Carnuntum.
- wander the cultural landscape of the Wachau in the Danube Valley
- sip wines in Rust, one of the pretty Heurigen (wine taverns)
- go baroque at Stift Melk’s magnificent monastery on the banks of the Danube
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lower Austria, The Danube Valley, Waldviertel & Weinviertel, Wienerwald, March-Donauland, St Pölten, Süd-Alpin, Burgenland, Eisenstadt, Güssing, Lockenhaus, Neusiedler See and Wiesen.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.