Austria - Lower Austria & Burgenland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lower Austria & Burgenland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Austria guidebook.
Everyone’s heard of the Danube River (Donau), which cuts a picturesque valley, the Wachau, through the region’s northwest. A place of magnificent natural beauty, this is truly a European highlight for its vineyards, castles, abbeys and medieval villages.
- wander, cycle or drive the cultural landscape of the Wachau, the Danube valley
- walk the Kunstmeile, exactly a mile of art in many forms, in Krems an der Donau
- sip wines in one of Rust’s pretty Heurigen (wine taverns)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lower Austria, The Danube Valley, Waldviertel & Weinviertel, Wienerwald, March-Donauland, St Pölten, Süd-Alpin, Burgenland, Eisenstadt, Güssing, Lockenhaus, Neusiedler See.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.