Austria - Carinthia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Carinthia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Austria guidebook.
Carinthia can seem larger than life, with its high peaks, gouged valleys and glistening lakes; the flamboyant show of opulence in the capital, Klagenfurt; and the resorts around the more fa-mous of the region’s 1270 pristine mountain lakes.
- cycle and hike the forest trails of Weissensee
- swim the shores of the Wörthersee at Europe’s largest lake baths, Strandbad Klagen-furt
- laze away the afternoon at Bar Leon as swans glide by in Pörtschach
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Klagenfurt, Central Carinthia, Villach, Faaker See & Ossiacher See, Hermagor, Eastern Carinthia, Friesach, Gurk, Hüttenberg, St Veit an der Glan, Burg Hochosterwitz, Wörthersee, Western Carinthia, Gmünd, Millstatt, Spittal an der Drau, Weis-sensee, Lienz.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation