Austria travel guide - 9th edition
No country waltzes so effortlessly between urban and outdoors as Austria. One day you’re cresting alpine summits, the next you’re swanning around imperial Vienna. Lonely Planet is your passport to Austria, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Climb the hairpin bends of Grossglockner Road, marvel at the Imperial palaces of Vienna, or find your perfect ski spot in the Alps; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Austria and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Austria Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, architecture, visual arts, music, coffee houses, the Austrian Alps, food, drink
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 56 colour maps
Coverage includes: Vienna, Lower Austria & Burgenland, Upper Austria, Styria, The Salzkammergut, Salzburg & Salzburgerland, Carinthia, Tyrol & Vorarlberg and more