Australia's Best Trips - Tasmania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tasmania Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia’s Best Trips guidebook.
If you look at a map of Tasmania, you could be forgiven for thinking that there’s just one ring road bisected by a central highway. Look again. Tasmania’s web of roads leaks across the state, connecting a world of wonders.
- spot wildlife and take in beautiful coastal scenery on an east coast trip
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore the incredible sea cliffs of the southeast and poignant Port Arthur on the Tasman Peninsula
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- find wines, berry farms and even penguins on the Tamar Valley Gourmet Trail
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: East Coast Tasmania, Heritage Trail, Tasman Peninsula, Tamar Valley Gourmet Trail, Western Wilds
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.