Australia's Best Trips - South Australia (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Australia Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia’s Best Trips guidebook.
Escape the frenzy of Australia’s east coast with a few days road-tripping around gracious, relaxed South Australia. Australia’s hottest and driest state, it beats the heat by celebrating life’s finer things: fine landscapes, fine festivals, fine food and fine wine.
- embark on an epic desert crossing across the Nullarbor, with detours to the Great Australian Bight
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- taste McLaren Vale wines amongst everywhere-you-look wildlife on Kangaroo Island
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- escape the city for wine tasting in Germanic villages in the Adelaide Hills and Barossa Valley
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Across the Nullarbor, Adelaide Hills & the Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale & Kangaroo Island, Limestone Coast & Coonawarra, Yorke & Eyre Peninsulas, Clare Valley & the Flinders Ranges.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.