Australia's Best Trips - Queensland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Queensland Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia’s Best Trips guidebook.
The distances may be big in Queensland, but its attractions are suitably epic. The Great Barrier Reef is a constant presence along the state’s spectacular coast, and the Daintree rainforest bursts with rare fauna, flora and Indigenous mythology.
- connect the clamorous south with the reef-fringed north on a Queensland coastal drive
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- take a break from busy beach resorts with wildlife sanctuaries and hinterland rainforests in Southern Queensland
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- explore Indigenous rock art and isolated settlements in Far North Queensland
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Queensland Coastal Cruise, Southern Queensland loop, Brisbane’s Hinterland, Cairns & the Daintree, Towards Cape York: Cairns to Cooktown.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Australia's Best Trips - New South Wales & the Australian Capital Territory (PDF Chapter)