Australia's Best Trips - Northern Territory (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Territory Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia’s Best Trips guidebook.
The Northern Territory has an elemental feel to it. It’s here that so many Aussie landmarks of international repute reside, from Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon in the south to Katherine, Kakadu and Litchfield in the north.
- journey south through the heart of the continent from Alice Springs to Adelaide via Coober Pedy
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- link together iconic sights on a trip to Uluru and the Red Centre
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- drive from desert to the tropics in one big road trip from Alice Springs to Darwin
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Alice Springs to Adelaide, Uluru & the Red Centre, Alice Springs to Darwin. Darwin & Kakadu, Darwin to Daly River
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.