Australia's Best Trips - New South Wales & the Australian Capital Territory (PDF Chapter)
This is the New South Wales & the Australian Capital Territory Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia’s Best Trips guidebook.
This state’s coastline is one of the country’s most popular road trips, connecting a string of quintessentially Aussie towns where the surfboard is king, from Batemans to Byron. Detour inland for stands of rainforest and the stirring high country of Kosciuzsko National Park.
- take in surf beaches and breezy coastal towns on the ultimate Aussie drive from Sydney to Byron Bay
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- loop up and over the roof of Australia on a Snowy Mountains trip
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- explore historic towns, the national capital and scenic valleys on a Canberra and the South Coast trip
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Sydney to Melbourne, Sydney to Byron Bay, Snowy Mountains, Canberra & the South Coast, New England, Outback New South Wales.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.