Australia - Understand Australia and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the History, Aboriginal Culture, Environment, Food & Drink, Sport, Deadly & Dangerous, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Behind the Scenes chapters from Lonely Planet’s Australia guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, Australian sport, food and drink to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on how to handle the deadly and dangerous creatures of Australia
- info on the Indigenous history and culture of Australia
- full coverage of Mod Oz cuisine and its excellent beer and wine, coffee, and focus on fresh produce.
- details on the Australian love of sport, including rugby, cricket, and Aussie rules football
Coverage includes: History, Aboriginal Culture, Environment, Food & Drink, Sport, Deadly & Dangerous, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Behind the Scenes.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.