Australia - Tasmania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tasmania chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia guidebook.
Some say islands are a metaphor for the heart. Isolation mightn’t be great for romance, but Tasmania has turned remoteness into an asset. With a unique beauty, as well as a plethora of food and wine, Tasmania is bewitchingly different.
- be inspired, turned on, appalled, educated and amused by pieces at MONA, Tasmania’s unique art gallery
- get down and Derby on the world-class mountain-bike trails in the northeast mining town of Derby
- pay your respects to the past, both distant and recent, at the sombre ruins of the Port Arthur Historic Site
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hobart & around, Richmond & around, Mt Field National Park & around, The Southeast, Bruny Island, Cygnet, Huon Valley, Geeveston & around, Dover, Southport & around, Tasman Peninsula & Port Arthur, Dunalley, Eaglehawk Neck, Port Arthur & Tasman National Park, The Midlands, Oatlands & the Southern Midlands, Ross, The East Coast, Maria Island National Park, Swansea, Coles Bay & Freycinet National Park, Bicheno, St Helens, Binalong Bay & the Bay of Fires, Derby & around, Flinders Island, Launceston & around, Tamar Valley, Longford & around, Evandale, Ben Lomond National Park, Devonport & around, Sheffield & around, Deloraine, Mole Creek, Walls of Jerusalem National Park, Penguin, Burnie, Stanley, Marrawah & around, King Island, The Tarkine Wilderness, Corinna & the Pieman River, Cradle Country & The West, Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park, Queenstown, Strahan, Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park, The Southwest, Lake Pedder & Strathgordon, Southwest National Park, Maydena, When to Go, Best Places to Stay.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.