Australia - Tasmania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tasmania chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia guidebook.
From the lichen-splashed granite of the east coast to the bleak alpine plateaus of Cradle Mountain–Lake St Clair National Park, Tasmania has a unique beauty. Yes, this is still Australia, but Tasmania is bewitchingly different.
- be inspired, turned on, appalled, educated and amused at Mona, Tasmania’s unique art gallery
- tick Tassie’s superb new walking trail, the Three Capes Track, off your ‘to do’ list
- pay your respects to the past, both distant and recent, at Port Arthur’s sombre ruins
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hobart & Around, Richmond & Around, Mt Field Na-tional Park & Around, The Southeast, Bruny Island, Cygnet, Huonville & Around, Geeveston & Around, Dover, Southport & Around, Tasman Peninsula, Port Arthur, Dunalley, Eaglehawk Neck, The Midlands, Oatlands & the Southern Midlands, Ross, Campbell Town, The East Coast, Maria Island National Park, Swansea, Coles Bay, Freycinet National Park, Bicheno, St Helens, Bi-nalong Bay, the Bay of Fires, Derby & Around, Flinders Island, Launceston & Around, Launces-ton & Around, Tamar Valley, Longford & Around, Evandale, Ben Lomond National Park, Devon-port & The Northwest, Devonport, Sheffield, Deloraine, Mole Creek, Walls of Jerusalem National Park, Penguin, Burnie, Stanley, Marrawah, King Island, The Tarkine Wilderness, Corinna & the Pieman River, Cradle Country & The West, Queenstown, Strahan, Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park, Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park, The Southwest, Lake Pedder & Strathgordon, Southwest National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.