Australia - Sydney & New South Wales (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sydney & New South Wales chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia guidebook.
Australia’s most populous state is home to its largest city: glitzy, vibrant, intoxicating Sydney, an unforgettable metropolis in a privileged natural setting. Bondi Beach and the harbour are justly famous, but in reality the whole NSW coast is simply magnificent.
- live it up beachside and harbourside in the captivating, diverse city of Sydney
- gaze out over the sandstone cliffs of the Blue Mountains to the blue-tinged eucalypt forests below
- sip the semillon and enjoy the finer things in life in the boutique vineyards of Hunter Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sydney & around, Royal National Park, Blue Mountains, The Central Coast, Hunter Valley, Newcastle, Mid-North Coast, Port Stephens, Myall Lakes National Park, Port Macquarie, Crescent Head, Hat Head National Park, South West Rocks, Bellingen, Coffs Harbour, Sawtell, Byron Bay & the Far North Coast, Yamba & Angourie, Ballina, Lennox Head, Byron Bay, Brunswick Heads, North Coast Hinterland, Bangalow, Lismore, Nimbin, New England, Tamworth, Armidale, Tenterfield, Northern NSW, Coonabarabran, Moree, Lightning Ridge, Central NSW, Bathurst, Orange, Cowra, Dubbo, Mudgee, Outback NSW, Bourke, Broken Hill, Mungo National Park, Tibooburra & Corner Country, South Coast NSW, Wollongong, Kiama & around, Berry, Kangaroo Valley, Nowra, Jervis Bay, Ulladulla & Mollymook, Batemans Bay, Moruya, Narooma, Tilba Tilba & Central Tilba, Sapphire Coast, Southern Highlands, Mittagong & Bowral, Snowy Mountains, Cooma, Jindabyne, Kosciuszko National Park, Riverina, Gundagai, Albury, Wagga Wagga, Griffith, Deniliquin, Hay, When to Go.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.