Australia - Queensland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Queensland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia guidebook.
Queensland is Australia writ large: a vast arena of natural wonders anchored by its dynamic subtropical capital, Brisbane. Many of Australia’s greatest draws can be found here, such as the 2000km-long submarine kingdom of the Great Barrier Reef.
- float, rapt, through the Great Barrier Reef, one of the planet’s greatest wonders
- get your fill of culture, dining and nightlife in the booming subtropical metropolis of Brisbane
- sail through the warm, peaceful seas of the Whitsunday Islands, an unrivalled yachties’ paradise
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Brisbane & around, North Stradbroke Island, Moreton Island, Toowoomba, Granite Belt, Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Main Beach & The Spit, Broadbeach & Mermaid Beach, Burleigh Heads, Currumbin & Palm Beach, Coolangatta, Gold Coast Hinterland, Noosa & The Sunshine Coast, Bribie Island, Caloundra, Mooloolaba & Maroochydore, Coolum & Peregian Beach, Cooloola Coast, Sunshine Coast Hinterland, Fraser Coast, Hervey Bay, Rainbow Beach, Maryborough, Gympie, Childers, Bundaberg, Fraser Island, Capricorn Coast & the Southern Reef Islands, Agnes Water & Town of 1770, Gladstone, Southern Reef Islands, Rockhampton, Yeppoon, Great Keppel Island, Capricorn Hinterland, Whitsunday Coast, Mackay, Airlie Beach, The Whitsundays, Bowen, Eungella National Park, Townsville & around, Magnetic Island, Ingham & around, Cardwell, Hinchinbrook Island, Tully, Mission Beach, Dunk Island, Innisfail & around, Cairns & around, Cairns’ Northern Beaches, Atherton Tablelands, Kuranda, Mareeba, Atherton, Millaa Millaa, Malanda & around, Yungaburra, Lake Tinaroo, Crater Lakes National Park, Port Douglas & around, Mossman, The Daintree & Cape Tribulation, Cooktown & around, Cape York Peninsula, Laura & around, Weipa & around, Telegraph Rd: PDR to Seisia, To the Tip, Thursday Island & Horn Island, Gulf Savannah, Undara Volcanic National Park, Undara & around, Croydon & around, Normanton, Karumba & Karumba Point, Northwest Corner, Outback Queensland, Charters Towers & around, Cloncurry & around, Mt Isa & around, Barcaldine, Charleville & around, Channel Country, When to Go, Best Places to Stay.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation