Australia - Perth & Western Australia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Perth & Western Australia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia guidebook.
If the vast expanse of Western Australia was a separate nation, it would be the world’s 10th-largest (bigger than Algeria). Most of WA’s population clings to the coast, yet you can wander along a beach without seeing another footprint.
- swing between beaches, museums and classy cocktail bars in buzzy Perth & Fremantle
- meander between top-shelf wineries, beaches, breweries and caves in the famous Margaret River wine region
- bask in warm waters alongside a World Heritage-listed 300km-long coral reef at Ningaloo Marine Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Perth & around, Rottnest Island, Swan Valley, Rockingham, Dwellingup, Mandurah, Perth Hills, Avon Valley, New Norcia, Turquoise Coast, Margaret River Region, Bunbury, Busselton, Dunsborough, Cape Naturaliste, Yallingup, Margaret River, Caves Road, Augusta & around, Southern Forests, Bridgetown, Manjimup, Pemberton, Southern WA, Walpole & Nornalup, Denmark, Albany, Porongurup National Park, Stirling Range National Park, Esperance, Batavia Coast, Geraldton, Kalbarri, Kalbarri National Park, Shark Bay, Denham, Monkey Mia, Gascoyne Coast, Carnarvon, Quobba Coast, Ningaloo Coast & the Pilbara, Coral Bay, Exmouth & around, Ningaloo Marine Park, Cape Range National Park, Karratha, Dampier, Port Hedland, Karijini National Park, Broome & The Kimberley, Dampier Peninsula, Derby, Devonian Reef National Parks, Gibb River Road, Great Northern Hwy, Kununurra, Purnululu National Park & Bungle Bungle Range, Outback WA, Kalgoorlie-Boulder, When to Go, Best Places to Stay.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.