Australia - Melbourne & Victoria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Melbourne & Victoria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia guidebook.
In the 19th century, gold-rich Melbourne and small towns in Victoria were stamped with long-lasting architectural wonders. Melbourne is food-obsessed and a showpiece for Australian culture. Beyond the city limits, Victoria offers rich history, stunning wilderness and culinary excellence.
- explore the streetscapes of gold-rush towns with eateries, galleries and markets
- take it slow on the Great Ocean Road, which curls beside spectacular beaches and then whips inland through rainforests
- seek out cool cafes, hidden bars and the hottest restaurants in Melbourne
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Melbourne & around, The Dandenongs, Yarra Valley, Marysville & Lake Mountain, Daylesford & Hepburn Springs, Mornington Peninsula, Phillip Island, Great Ocean Road, Geelong, Bellarine Peninsula, Torquay, Bells Beach & Point Addis, Anglesea, Aireys Inlet & around, Lorne, Wye River, Apollo Bay, Cape Otway, Port Campbell, Port Campbell National Park, Warrnambool, Tower Hill Reserve, Port Fairy, Portland, Nelson, Goldfields & Grampians, Ballarat, Bendigo, Kyneton, Castlemaine, The Grampians & around, Mt Arapiles State Park, Gippsland & Wilsons Promontory, Fish Creek, Wilsons Promontory National Park, Lakes District, East Gippsland & the Wilderness Coast, Victorian High Country, Mansfield, Mt Buller, Milawa Gourmet Region, Beechworth, Yackandandah, Rutherglen, Bright, Mt Beauty & the Kiewa Valley, Falls Creek, Mt Hotham & Dinner Plain, The Murray, Mildura, Echuca, When to Go, Best Places to Stay.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.