Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Australia - Darwin & the Northern Territory (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Darwin & the Northern Territory chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia guidebook.
The Top End is frontier country. It feels wild out here, like the Australia of childhood imagin-ings. This is the nation’s most rewarding Indigenous homeland, a land of art centres, isolated communities and ancient rock art.
- experience wildlife, rock art and Aboriginal culture in Kakadu National Park
- watch the sunrise and sunset alter the earth’s colour palette on strangely spiritual Uluru
- hike through the hidden valleys and deep-red monoliths of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Darwin & Around, Tiwi Islands, Arnhem Highway, Berry Springs, Batchelor, Litchfield National Park, Daly River, Pine Creek, Kakadu National Park, Ubirr & Around, Jabiru, Nourlangie, Jim Jim Falls & Twin Falls, Cooinda & Yellow Water, South-western Kakadu, Arnhem Land, Gunbalanya (Oenpelli), Cobourg Peninsula, Eastern Arnhem Land, Katherine & Around, Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) National Park, Mataranka, Beswick (Wugularr), Barkly Tableland & Gulf Country, Roper Highway, Carpentaria & Tablelands High-ways, Borroloola, Central Northern Territory, Daly Waters, Tennant Creek, Devil’s Marbles & Around, Tanami Track, Alice Springs, MacDonnell Ranges, East MacDonnell Ranges, West MacDonnell Ranges, Northern Territory’s Far South, Old South Road, Rainbow Valley Conserva-tion Reserve, Ernest Giles Road, Lasseter Highway, Watarrka National Park & Kings Canyon, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Yulara, Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (The Olgas).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.