*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Australia - Canberra & the ACT (PDF Chapter)
This is the Canberra & the ACT chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia guide-book.
Effectively the ACT is just Greater Canberra, along with a chunk of mountainous wilderness to the south. Come here to explore Australia’s interesting little capital, and perhaps take a walk in the bush while you’re at it.
- delve into the National Gallery of Australia’s vast treasure trove of Australian and interna-tional art
- ponder the eclectic array of faces that have shaped Australian culture national at the Por-trait Gallery
- witness democracy in action within Australian Parliament House’s symbolism-laden walls
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Australian Capital Territory, Canberra & Around, His-tory, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Enter-tainment, Shopping, .
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.