Australia - Canberra & The ACT (PDF Chapter)
This is the Canberra & the ACT chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia guidebook.
With mountains, rivers, lakes and bushland all within its compact boundaries, it’s easy to see how the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) came to be known as Australia’s ‘Bush Capital’, with the cosmopolitan city of Canberra at its heart.
- delve into a treasure trove of Australian and international art at the National Gallery of Australia
- ponder the eclectic array of faces that have shaped Australian culture at the National Portrait Gallery
- witness democracy in action within the symbolism-laden walls of Australian Parliament House
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Canberra & around, When to Go, Best Places to Stay.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.