Australia - Adelaide & South Australia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Adelaide & South Australia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia guidebook.
Adelaide celebrates life’s finer things: fine landscapes, fine festivals, fine food, and fine wine. Further afield, there’s plenty of scope for exploration: from the legendary wine regions of the Barossa and Clare Valleys to the pastoral scenes of the Yorke Peninsula.
- settle in for a cricket match or some AFL football at the magnificently revamped Adelaide Oval, then catching some live tunes in this Unesco ‘City of Music’
- swirl and quaff your way through McLaren Vale, SA’s most popular wine region
- day-trip through the Adelaide Hills – Adelaide’s backyard, with cellar doors, markets and historic towns
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Adelaide, Adelaide Hills, Hahndorf, Stirling Area, Gumeracha, Birdwood & Lobethal, Mt Barker, Fleurieu Peninsula, McLaren Vale, Willunga, Gulf St Vincent Beaches, Victor Harbor, Port Elliot, Goolwa, Kangaroo Island, Penneshaw & Dudley Peninsula, American River, Kingscote, North Coast Road, South Coast Road, Flinders Chase National Park, Barossa Valley, Tanunda, Nuriootpa, Angaston, Clare Valley, Auburn, Mintaro, Clare, Murray River, Murray Bridge, Mannum, Waikerie, Barmera & Around, Loxton, Berri, Ren-mark & Paringa, Limestone Coast, Robe, Meningie & Coorong National Park, Mount Gambier, Penola & the Coonawarra Wine Region, Yorke Peninsula, West Coast, Eyre Peninsula & the West Coast, Port Augusta, Port Lincoln, Coffin Bay, Streaky Bay & Around, Ceduna, Flinders Ranges, Southern Ranges, Quorn, Hawker, Flinders Ranges National Park, Blinman & Parachilna, Leigh Creek & Copley, The Outback, Woomera & Around, Coober Pedy, Oodnadatta Track, Birdsville & Strzelecki Tracks.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.