Australia - Adelaide & South Australia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Adelaide & South Australia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Australia guidebook.
Escape the frenzy of Australia’s east coast with a few days in gracious, relaxed South Australia (SA). The driest state in the planet’s driest inhabited continent, SA beats the heat by celebrating life’s finer things: landscapes, festivals, food, and wine.
- settle in for a cricket match or some Australian rules football at the magnificent Adelaide Oval, then catch some live tunes in this Unesco ‘City of Music’
- swirl and quaff your way through McLaren Vale, the most popular wine region in SA
- day-trip through Adelaide’s backyard, with cellar doors, markets and historic towns
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Adelaide & around, Hahndorf, Stirling Area, Gumeracha, Birdwood & Lobethal, Fleurieu Peninsula, McLaren Vale, Willunga, Gulf St Vincent Beaches, Victor Harbor, Port Elliot, Goolwa, Kangaroo Island, Penneshaw & Dudley Peninsula, Kingscote, North Coast Road, Cygnet River & South Coast Road, Flinders Chase National Park, Barossa Valley, Tanunda, Nuriootpa, Angaston, Clare Valley, Auburn, Mintaro, Clare, Murray River, Murray Bridge, Mannum, Waikerie, Loxton, Berri, Renmark & Paringa, Limestone Coast, Robe, Meningie & Coorong National Park, Mount Gambier, Penola & the Coonawarra Wine Region, Yorke Peninsula, West Coast, East Coast, South Coast & Innes National Park, Eyre Peninsula, Port Augusta, Port Lincoln, Coffin Bay, Streaky Bay & around, Ceduna & around, the Western Australia Border & around, Flinders Ranges, Southern Ranges, Quorn, Hawker, Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park, Blinman & Parachilna, Outback South Australia, Woomera & around, Coober Pedy, When to Go, Best Places to Stay.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.