*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Auckland & the Bay of Islands Road Trips - Waiheke Island Escape (PDF Chapter)
This is the Waiheke Island Escape chapter from Lonely Planet’s Auckland & the Bay of the Islands Road Trips guidebook.
An hour from the city, Auckland’s favourite Hauraki Gulf island combines vineyard restaurants, active adventure and a thriving art scene, with beaches and coves definitely worth discovering.
- negotiate winding roads to the waterfront winery Man O’War Bay
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- stroll or swim along Onetangi Beach
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- soar above vineyards and pristine native forest at EcoZip Adventures
- discover even more with ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Auckland, Oneroa, Church Bay, Onetangi, Onetangi Beach, Man O’War Bay, Connells Bay, EcoZip Adventures and Te Whau Point.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.