Around the World Craft Projects (North & South America edition)
1st Edition Jun 2019
Ships in 1-2 business days
Suitable for children ages 6-8
Discover, draw and design cultural artifacts from around the world with this fun and creative activity book—from Native American dreamcatchers and Hawaiian leis to Russian nesting dolls and Maori pendants.
Lonely Planet Kids’ Around the World Craft & Design Book contains a mix of exciting projects that can be made from common household items. Colorful illustrations, photos and fun facts introduce young artists to different cultures and encourage them to create and showcase their unique designs.
- Designing your own woollen mochilas bag from Venezuela
- Carving a Welsh ‘lovespoon’ for someone special
- Building and playing a djembe drum from Mali
- Painting a beautiful pysanka egg from Ukraine
- Decorating a wau kite inspired by Malaysian design
- Making an Indonesian wayang shadow puppet
- Designing a decorative Nguni shield from southern Africa
- Coloring in a totem pole from British Columbia, Canada
- Adding bright colors to crin dolls from Chile
- Designing your own set of Russian nesting dolls
- Making a Hawaiian lei from tissue paper
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.