Argentina - Uruguay (PDF Chapter)
This is the Uruguay chapter from Lonely Planet’s Argentina guidebook.
Wedged like a grape between Brazil’s gargantuan thumb and Argentina’s long forefinger, Uruguay has always been something of an underdog. Yet after two centuries living in the shad-ow of its neighbors, South America’s smallest country is finally getting a little well-deserved recognition.
- dance to a different drummer during Montevideo’s month-long Carnaval
- catch a wave or a late-night beach party along the untamed shoreline at Punta del Dia-blo
- soak your weary muscles in the thermal baths near Salto
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Montevideo, Western Uruguay, Colonia del Sacra-mento, Carmelo, Mercedes, Salto, Tacuarembó, Valle Edén, Eastern Uruguay, Piriápolis, Punta del Este, La Paloma, La Pedrera, Cabo Polonio, Punta del Diablo, Parque Nacional Santa Tere-sa, Understand Uruguay, Uruguay Today, History, Culture, Food & Drink, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation