*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Argentina - Uruguay (PDF Chapter)
This is the Uruguay chapter from Lonely Planet’s Argentina guidebook.
Wedged like a grape between Brazil’s gargantuan thumb and Argentina’s long forefinger, Uruguay has always been something of an underdog. Yet after two centuries living in the shadow of its neighbors, South America’s smallest country is finally getting a little well-deserved recognition.
- dance to a different drummer during Montevideo’s month-long Carnaval
- catch a wave or a late-night beach party along the untamed shoreline at Punta del Diablo
- soak your weary traveling muscles in the thermal baths near Salto
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Montevideo, Western Uruguay, Colonia del Sacramento, Carmelo, Mercedes, Paysandú, Salto, Tacuarembó, Valle Edén, Eastern Uruguay, Piriápolis and around, Punta del Este, La Paloma, La Pedrera, Cabo Polonio, Punta del Diablo, Parque Nacional Santa Teresa, Understand Uruguay, Uruguay Today, History, Culture, Food & Drink, Environment and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.