Argentina - Tierra del Fuego (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tierra del Fuego chapter from Lonely Planet’s Argentina guide-book.
The southernmost extreme of the Americas, this windswept archipelago is as alluring as it is moody – beautiful, ancient and strange. Travelers who first came for the ends-of-the-earth novelty discover a destination that’s far more complex than these bragging rights.
- explore the ancient Fuegian forests of Parque Nacional Tierra del Fuego
- speed through frozen valleys on a memorable dogsledding tour near Ushuaia
- land the big one while fly-fishing at an estancia near Río Grande
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ushuaia, Parque Nacional Tierra del Fuego, Tolhuin & Lago Fagnano, Río Grande & Around, Estancias, Puerto Williams (Chile), Porvenir (Chile).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.