Argentina - Tierra del Fuego (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tierra del Fuego chapter from Lonely Planet’s Argentina guidebook.
The southernmost extreme of the Americas, this windswept archipelago is as alluring as it is moody – beautiful, ancient and strange. Travelers who first came for the ends-of-the-earth novelty discover a destination that’s far more complex than these bragging rights.
- explore the ancient Fuegian forests of Parque Nacional Tierra del Fuego
- speed through frozen valleys on a dog sledding tour near Ushuaia
- land the big one while fly-fishing at an estancia near Río Grande
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ushuaia, Parque Nacional Tierra del Fuego, Tolhuin & Lago Fagnano, Río Grande and Porto Williams (Chile).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Chile & Easter Island - Understand Chile & Easter Island and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)