Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Argentina - The Pampas & the Atlantic Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Pampas & the Atlantic Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Argentina guidebook.
Home to more than a third of the country’s population, this is the nation’s economic power-house. While the region isn’t packed with tourist attractions, simple pleasures and traditional gaucho culture are waiting to be discovered.
- go gaucho in San Antonio de Areco, the prettiest town in the pampas
- head out on a savory hunt for locally produced prosciutto, salami and cheese in Tandil
- soak up the sun and a vibrant cultural scene in Mar del Plata, the ‘Pearl of the Atlantic’
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northern Pampas, La Plata, Luján, San Antonio de Areco, Southern Pampas, Tandil, Sierra de la Ventana, Villa Ventana, Atlantic Coast, Pinamar, Villa Gesell, Mar del Plata, Necochea, Bahía Blanca.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.