Argentina - Salta & the Andean Northwest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Salta & the Andean Northwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s Argentina guidebook.
Argentina’s hardscrabble northwest sits beneath the mighty snowcapped Andes, where a confluence of wind, water, ice and time has conjured weird, wonderful rockscapes, streaked with minerals and glowing red in the sun. Nature speaks powerfully here, lending the region a certain mystery.
- wonder at nature’s palette in the Quebrada de Humahuaca
- observe weavers at work in the memorable Valles Calchaquíes
- cleanse your lungs in the crisp mountain air of Tafí del Valle
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Salta & Jujuy Provinces, Salta, Valles Calchaquíes, Cafayate, Quebrada de Cafayate, San Antonio de los Cobres, Salinas Grandes, Jujuy, Las Yungas, Quebrada de Humahuaca, La Quiaca, Yavi, Tucumán & Around, Tafí del Valle & Around, Santiago del Estero, Catamarca & La Rioja, Catamarca, Belén, Londres & El Shincal, Western Catamarca, La Rioja, Chilecito, Parque Nacional Talampaya.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation