*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
Argentina - Patagonia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Patagonia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Argentina guidebook.
On South America’s southern frontier, nature grows wild, barren and beautiful. Spaces are large, as are the silences that fill them. Patagonia offers an innumerable wealth of potential experiences and landscapes.
- gaze upon the blue-hued Glaciar Perito Moreno as icebergs fall in thunderous booms
- get immersed in the millennial forests and clear lakes of lush Parque Nacional Los Alerces
- hike under the toothy Cerro Fitz Roy near El Chaltén, Argentina’s trekking capital
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Coastal Patagonia, Puerto Madryn, Around Puerto Madryn, Coastal Río Negro, Reserva Faunística Península Valdés, Trelew and around, Gaiman and around, Área Natural Protegida Punta Tombo, Camarones, Cabo Dos Bahías, Comodoro Rivadavia, Puerto Deseado, Reserva Natural Ría Deseado & Parque Interjurisdiccional Marino Isla Pingüino, Monumento Natural Bosques Petrificados, Puerto San Julián, Parque Nacional Monte León, Río Gallegos and around, Inland Patagonia, Esquel, Trevelin, Parque Nacional Los Alerces, Gobernador Costa, Río Mayo, Perito Moreno, Los Antiguos, Cueva de las Manos, Bajo Caracoles, Parque Nacional Perito Moreno, Gobernador Gregores, El Chaltén, Parque Nacional Los Glaciares (North), El Calafate and around, Parque Nacional Los Glaciares (South), Chilean Patagonia, Punta Arenas, Monumento Natural Los Pingüinos, Parque Nacional Pali Aike, Puerto Natales, Parque Nacional Bernardo O’Higgins, Parque Nacional Torres del Paine and Falkland Islands/Islas Malvinas.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.