Argentina - Mendoza & the Central Andes (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mendoza & the Central Andes chapter from Lonely Planet’s Argentina guidebook.
A long, narrow sliver of desert landscape, the Mendoza region is home to two of Argentina’s claims to fame – the Andes and wine. The city itself is lively and cosmopolitan and the surround-ing area boasts hundreds of wineries.
- wine and dine over lunch at a rural bodega in Valle de Uco
- maps soak those aching bones in the mountainside thermal complex of Cacheuta
- gaze up at an crystal clear nighttime sky sparkling with stars in Parque Nacional El Leon-cito
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mendoza & Around, Cacheuta, Potrerillos, Uspallata, Los Penitentes, Parque Provincial Aconcagua, Valle de Uco, San Rafael, Cañon del Atuel & Valle Grande, Malargüe, Las Leñas, San Juan, Barreal, Rodeo, Parque Provincial Ischigua-lasto.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.