Argentina - Bariloche & the Lake District (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bariloche & the Lake District chapter from Lonely Planet’s Argentina guidebook.
Home to some of the country’s most spectacular scenery, the Lake District is one of Argenti-na’s prime tourist destinations. Come to ski, fish, climb, trek and bask in the cool, fresh land-scapes created by the huge forests and glacier-fed lakes.
- climb the Lake District’s most picturesque volcano or hike amid pristine lakes and araucaria pine forests in the Parque Nacional Lanín
- sample some of the region’s best gastronomy and sail on the spectacular Lago Nahuel Huapi around Bariloche
- tackle some of the region’s best trekking in the Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bariloche, Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi, El Bolsón & Around, Villa la Angostura, Villa Traful, San Martín de los Andes, Parque Nacional Lanín, Junín de los Andes, Aluminé, Villa Pehuenia, Caviahue, Copahue, Chos Malal, Parque Nacion-al Laguna Blanca, Neuquén.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.