Antarctica - Ross Sea (PDF Chapter)
The explorers of the Heroic Age, who sailed the Ross Sea region’s ice-choked waters, gained a crucial foothold here for exploration of the interior. Around the Ross Sea, Antarctica’s richest historic heritage is on full display.
- feel the chill of the ghosts of the polar party who never returned at Scott’s Terra Nova hut
- puzzle over fantastic natural wind-sculptures at Dry Valleys
- peer into marine aquariums at Crary Lab at Mcmurdo Station to see local sea life up close
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cape Adare, Possession Islands, Cape Hallett, Cape Washington, Mount Melbourne, Terra Nova Bay, Drygalski Ice Tongue, Franklin Island, Norden-skjöld Ice Tongue, Dry Valleys, Ross Island, Ross Ice Shelf.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.