Antarctica - East Antarctica & the South Pole (PDF Chapter)
Severe and spectacular, East Antarctica is the land of the polar plateau and the continent’s coldest temperatures. The icebound coast, with its massive ice shelves, is broken up by the occa-sional ice-free oasis, or teeming seabird or emperor-penguin colonies.
- zip around the world in seconds at the Geographic South Pole
- visit Mawson’s ‘Home of the Blizzard,’ Commonwealth Bay
- tour the base and learn about cutting-edge experiments such as IceCube at Amund-sen-Scott South Pole Station
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: East Antarctica, Neumayer III Station, SANAE IV, Troll Station, Schirmacher Hills, Princess Elisabeth Antarctica Station, Syowa Station, Dome Fuji, Mo-lodezhnaya Station, Mawson Station, Scullin & Murray Monoliths, Lambert Glacier & Amery Ice Shelf, Larsemann Hills, Vestfold Hills, Mirny Station, Bunger Hills, Casey Station, Dumont d’Urville Station, Commonwealth Bay & Cape Denison, Leningradskaya Station, Concordia Sta-tion & Dome Charlie (Dome C), Vostok Station, Dome Argus (Dome A), South Pole.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.