Antarctica - Antarctic Peninsula (PDF Chapter)
The beautiful Antarctic Peninsula extends a welcoming arm north toward South America’s Tierra del Fuego as if beckoning visitors. This, the warmest part of the continent, is Antarctica’s major breeding ground for seabirds, seals and penguins.
- photograph eye-popping scenery and ice at Paradise Harbor; Lemaire Channel and Char-lotte Bay are similarly astounding
- listen to 200,000 braying adélie penguins on Paulet Island
- knock back a throat-burning pepper vodka at the convivial bar of the Ukrainian station Academician Vernadsky
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Central Peninsula, Charlotte Bay, Cuverville Island, Danco Island, Rongé Island, Neko Harbor, Useful Island, Waterboat Point, Paradise Harbor, Port Lockroy, Anvers Island, Melchior Islands, Booth Island, Lemaire Channel, Pléneau Island, Pe-termann Island, Yalour Islands, Argentine Islands, Southern Peninsula, Detaille Island, Adelaide Island, Marguerite Bay, Stonington Island, Northern Peninsula, General Bernardo O’Higgins Sta-tion, Astrolabe Island, Hope Bay, Joinville & D’Urville Islands, Dundee Island, Paulet Island, Brown Bluff, Weddell Sea, Vega Island, Devil Island, James Ross Island, Seymour Island, Snow Hill Island, Ronne Ice Shelf, Filchner Ice Shelf, Halley Station.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation