Andalucia - Jaen Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Jaén Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Andalucía guidebook.
For anyone who loves culture, nature, history or good food, this relatively little-visited province turns out to be one magical combination. Endless lines of pale-green olive trees – producing one-sixth of all the world’s olive oil – carpet much of the landscape.
- indulge the senses with inspired architecture and cuisine
- roam the green valleys, craggy mountains and scenic villages by vehicle or on foot, with an eye open for the plentiful wildlife
- investigate the tangle of stone lanes lined with beautiful Renaissance buildings in Baeza
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Jaén, Desfiladero de Despeñaperros & Santa Elena, Parque Natural Sierra de Andújar, Baeza, Úbeda, Cazorla, Parque Natural Sierras de Cazorla, Segura y Las Villas.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation