Andalucia - Almeria Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Almería Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Andalucía guidebook.
Silent mountain valleys, sublime beaches and vast tracts of semidesert scrubland – Almería province is an area of haunting natural beauty. Its obvious drawcard is its glorious coastline, but venture inland and you’ll discover plenty to explore in its sparsely populated and often other-worldly hinterland.
- hop around the heavenly beaches and plunging cliffs of Andalucía’s southeastern coastline
- patrol Almería’s formidable hilltop fort, once one of the most powerful in Moorish Spain
- go underground in the otherworldly cave complex of Cuevas de Sorbas
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Almería, Desierto de Tabernas, Níjar, Laujar de Andarax, Parque Natural de Cabo de Gata-Níjar, Mojácar, Los Vélez, Vélez Blanco, Cuevas del Almanzora.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.