No code necessary. See terms.
Amsterdam - Western Canal Ring (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Western Canal Ring chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guide-book.
This whole area is a Unesco World Heritage site and although the neighbourhood is loaded with high-profile sights, half the charm here is simply soaking up the atmosphere: from the street, from a boat, from a rooftop balcony or from cafe terrace.
- contemplate the amazing life and tragic death of Anne Frank, the most famous Dutch girl in history, in the poignant ‘secret annexe’ of the house where she and her family hid from the Nazis
- browse the speciality shops along the compact and captivating Negen Straatjes criss-crossed by picturesque canals
- scale the bell tower, see the Netherlands’ largest nave and catch a carillon recital in West-erkerk
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.