*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Amsterdam - Western Canal Ring (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Canal Ring chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guidebook.
This whole area is a Unesco World Heritage site and you could spend a full day admiring the architecture down one canal alone. Half the charm here is simply soaking up the atmosphere: from the street, a boat or a rooftop balcony.
- contemplating the amazing life and tragic death of the most famous Dutch girl in history at the poignant Anne Frank Huis, where she and her family hid from the Nazis
- browsing the speciality shops along the compact and captivating Negen Straatjes
- scaling the bell tower of the mighty Westerkerk and seeing the Netherlands’ largest nave
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights & Activities, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.