*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Amsterdam - Western Canal Ring (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Canal Ring chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guidebook.
This whole area is a Unesco World Heritage site and you could spend a full day admiring the architecture down one canal alone. Half the charm here is simply soaking up the atmosphere: from the street, a boat or a rooftop balcony.
- contemplating the amazing life and tragic death of the most famous Dutch girl in history at the poignant Anne Frank Huis, where she and her family hid from the Nazis
- browsing the speciality shops along the compact and captivating Negen Straatjes
- scaling the bell tower of the mighty Westerkerk and seeing the Netherlands’ largest nave
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights & Activities, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.