*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Amsterdam - Vondelpark & the Old South (PDF Chapter)
This is the Vondelpark & the Old South chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guidebook.
Around the grassy expanse of Museumplein, Amsterdam’s top three art museums – the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and Stedelijk – are all lined up in a walkable row. You could easily spend a full day here alone.
- plunging into the Golden Age trove of Dutch Masters paintings, Delft tiles and gilded dollhouses at the Rijksmuseum
- being awestruck by the tortured artist’s vivid brushstrokes of yellow sunflowers and purple blue irises at the Van Gogh Museum
- admiring the abstractions of Mondrian, Matisse and their modern compadres at the Stedelijk Museum
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights & Activities, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.