Amsterdam - Vondelpark & the South (PDF Chapter)
This is the Vondelpark & the South chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guidebook.
Amsterdam’s big three museums – the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and Stedelijk – are all lined up on Museumplein. You could easily spend a couple of days visiting them, each a splendid treasure trove of art.
- get happily lost amid the riches of the Rijksmuseum: Rembrandt, Vermeer, gilded doll-houses and magic lanterns
- see the world’s best collection of Van Gogh’s work up close at the Van Gogh Museum, from yellow sunflowers to purple-blue irises
- cycle, boat or commune with goats in Amsterdamse Bos, Amsterdam’s surprisingly vast forest
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout