Amsterdam - Southern Canal Ring (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Canal Ring chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guidebook.
The Southern Canal Ring spans the area from the radial Leidsegracht in the west to the Am-stel in the east. Packed with museums, restaurants, cafes, shops and miles of gorgeous canals, the district deserves at least a day to explore.
- goggle at blockbuster exhibitions drawn from the treasures at the original St Petersburg museum, at Hermitage Amsterdam
- amble along the Golden Bend, a stretch of canal-side property that practically purrs with Golden Age elegance, and imagine which house you would choose if you could
- enjoy romantic ‘ahhs’ on Reguliersgracht, the so-called ‘canal of seven bridges’, and see how many of them you can spot at once
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.