*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Amsterdam - Southern Canal Ring (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Canal Ring chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guidebook.
Buzzing with activity, the diverse Southern Canal Ring, spanning the area from the radial Leidsegracht in the west to the Amstel in the east, is home to museums, cafes and shops galore, plus miles of gorgeous canal photo-ops.
- catching prestigious exhibitions at the Hermitage Amsterdam, put together from the cache of treasures at the original St Petersburg museum
- enjoying an ahh-inducing sunset or starry night by the Reguliersgracht, aka the canal of seven bridges
- exploring the Museum Van Loon, Amsterdam’s only complete canal house with its back coach house
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.