*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Amsterdam - Oosterpark & South Amsterdam (PDF Chapter)
This is the Oosterpark & South Amsterdam chapter from Lonely Planet’s Amsterdam guidebook.
Oosterpark is one of Amsterdam’s most culturally diverse neighbourhoods. The best sights are off the everyday tourist path. On the northern fringe you’ll find the Tropenmuseum, which gives insights into Dutch colonial activities in the East Indies.
- spending the afternoon yodelling, sitting in a yurt and checking out Dutch colonial booty at the Tropenmuseum
- taking a trip through the big, bold, avant-garde paintings of Karel Appel and friends at the Cobra Museum
- sniffing out the Turkish pide stall amid multipack sock vendors at the lively Dappermarkt
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.